Friday 5 October 2018

ISO

Visita el perfil de MISS HERNANDO de Pinterest.









JOB Interview



Topic: FOSTERING / ADOPTION
Exercise I: read the conversation and prepare one question to ask your peers.
Scott: Hi, I thought I’d stop by to pick up those chairs I wanted to borrow.
Roberta: Oh, sure. Here they are.
Scott: What are you doing?
Roberta: I’m looking through the material we got on adoption.
Scott: Are you and Robert thinking about adopting a child?
Roberta: Yeah, we are. We’ve been thinking about it for a long time, and we think we might be ready now.
Scott: Have you decided on an international Or domestic adoption?
Roberta: We’re going domestic.
Scott: That means going through the foster care system, right?
Roberta: Yeah, it’s going to be a lot of work getting our house ready and all of the paperwork done. But after we pass inspection, we’ll just need to wait for a call from a social worker with a placement. We hope it’ll happen quickly.
Scott: I thought people had to wait months or years for a baby.
Roberta: They may, but we’re asking for a waiting child, maybe even one with special needs. We may even take more than one child, someone with siblings.
Scott: Wow, that’s a lot of responsibility. Wouldn’t you rather do a private adoption? Then you can call the shots and even have a closed adoption, if that’s what you want.
Roberta: We don’t mind an open adoption, actually. We’ve given it a lot of thought, and we think it’s best if the child knows who his or her birth parents are. That way, they won’t always be wondering.
Scott: I hope everything goes smoothly. I’m sure you’ll both make great parents.
Roberta: We’re not so sure, but we’ll do our best. By the way, you can keep those chairs.
Scott: Really? Why?
Roberta: You have no children and they’re a hazard. We need to childproof this house and we’re starting with those chairs.
Scott: Hey, that’s great. That big-screen TV looks dangerous. I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands, too.
Roberta: Hands off the TV!


Listenings on  FOSTERING AND ADOPTION

  • Video I: Watch this video ( 0:30-4:00) and answer the questions below

1.       What are this couple´s expectations with respects to this little boy[i1] ?
2.       How many biological children does this couple have?
3.       What type of child do they want to adopt?
4.       What did they like about the orphanage?/ What didn´t they like?
5.       What does the lady say about the director of the institution?
6.       Did the orphanage give  toys to the children? Why? / Is there something they gave them?


  • Video II: Watch this video up to minute 2:00 and answer the following questions

  • Video III: ADOPTING A CHILD


Listen to Roberta and Scott talking about  adopting a child[i1]  and answer the questions

1.      Is Roberta thinking about adopting a child now? Why? ____________________________________
2.     Is it going to be international or domestic ? ____________________________________________
3.     What do they have to pass to get a baby? ______________________________________________
4.     What type of baby are they going to get? ______________________________________________
5.     What is an open adoption? _________________________________________________________



Speaking Adoption/ Fostering 




UNITABUSE
Preteach vocab: pull through, sister-in-law, undergo surgery, overwhelmed, skull, brain damage, squeeze, remarkable

Pre Q:  How do you classify abuse? It is always verbal or physical?

Q’s for discussion of video:  https://youtu.be/ngGzH4BE0dE

  1. What happened to the young boy?
  2. What it his mother who was the abuser?
  3. What are some of the short term and long term effects of the abuse?


Writing 2
To: socialservicesmadrid@gmail.com
Subject: migrant

Dear Sir/ Madam

My name is Abdul, I have been in Spain for 4 years now. My friend Mohammed Alayn gave me your email contact.
I am working for a fruit company, I do morning, afternoon and night shifts. I have two children and cannot take care of them. My wife left me all alone two years ago and do not have any support  either finantial or physical to help me with the kids. Can you give me some advice as to where to go to ask for help? My children cannot be left alone home all day, I dont know whether they eat, do their homework or stay out all day. I am afraid they get into trouble.

We live in a small room  in the city centre. We share the apartment with another family of three. Please, tell me where to go to find help. I do not want to put my children in foster care,  I just need somebody to take care of my children while I work.

Hope to hear from you very soon. Thanks in advance

Abdul

Discussion: Domestic Violence
Writing 1
To: socialservicesmadrid@gmail.com
Subject: abuse

Dear Sir/Madam
I contact you because I feel desperate, I need help urgently. I´ve just run away from my home with my 5 children  ages ranging from 3 to 16. My husband abused me and my children constantly, I have been  hospitalized many times due to severe injuries. As my children and I  couldn´t stand it any more decided to dissapear. Nobody knows where I am staying, not even my mother  or close family.
I need a flat, money and a school to register my children. I can only say I am in Madrid but this is not my city. Please tell me what to do and where to get the much needed help.
Thanks in advance

MP



UNIT: Domestic Violence

Pre-Q:
What does violence mean to you? How do you support someone who is being abused? How can you distance yourself from the abuser?

Discussion Q’s:
How does the story of Alex and Nicole differ?
Who on average gets abused more - males or females?
How does the abuse generally start?

Songs- Fill in the gaps activities
I Didn’t Know My Own Strength – Whitney Houston
Titanium – David Guetta feat. Sia



Survivors-

UNIT : ADOPTION
Tre-teach: age out, older youth, to be willing to, awkward, petrified,girly things, resilient, self esteem

Pre-Q:
Would you adopt, foster? What should be a deciding factor? How would you describe the young vs. older adoptions? 

Discussion Q’s: 
Was Ashley adopted young? Why, why not?
Why did the mother, Liz, adopt Ashley?
They had some common interests, what were they? 
How has liz´s life changed?






UNIT Minorities

 Video activity REFUGEES 
Resultado de imagen de refugees photo

ADDICTIONS SURVEY  ( The addictions cycle) but before we start let´s just answer these 3 questions:
  • Have you ever known someone with an addiction?
  • What are some reasons people become addicted?
  • Name all the addictions you can think of



READINGS:
  1. Gambling addiction Comprehension test 
  2. Amy Winehouse
WRITING: 
  1. Addictions , listen and write down the addictions , then answer the questions below
Speaker 1: Why is it difficult to quit for her? Has she ever tried to quit? How many times?
Speaker 2: What happens if he does not exercise everyday?
Speaker 3: Why does he go to the gym?
Speaker 4: Where does he keep his treats?
Speaker 5: Why does he like that Tv shop? Can 
speaker 6:  Is she a chocaholic?

Answers: 1.when she travels abroad peoplke  smoke  everywhere. Yes, many times 3.doesn´t feel very good. 3.relieves him 4.in the fridge 5.Heroes, people dissappear, read minds, supernatural powers. 6: yes


Speaking TOPICS

Controversial
  • How do you deal with stress?
  • What is the best advice you have ever received?
  • Is climate change real?
  • What age is best to start dating?
  • What personality traits do you want in your boyfriend or girlfriend?
  • Have you ever had a problem with bullying?
  • Are girls smarter than boys?
  • What makes a good teacher/ social integrator?
  • Who was your hero when you were a child?
  • What is the worst purchase you have made?
  • Would you rather know how you die or when you die?
  • What was the best holiday you’ve been on?
  • Is there any strange food in your country?
  • What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?
  • Would you ever try online dating?
  • What is on your bucket list?
  • Do you believe in any religions?
  • When was the last time you cried?
Conversation questions Social Problems 

  • Are there food kitchens for the needy in your country?
  • Are there homeless shelters in your country?
  • Are there many homeless people where you live?
  • What are some ways we can help homeless people?
  • Who takes care of the elderly when they are no longer able to care for themselves?
  • Is there public assistance in your country?
  • Are there nursing homes in your country?
  • Do you know anyone who is homeless?

SOCIAL SKILLS 

How can you improve a child´s  social skills?
Can you teach social skills?
Can you give some examples of social skills 

What are the most important social skills in our society?

 Imagen relacionada




WHAT DO YOU THINK?
  • Do you think people should be allowed to smoke in public buildings?
  • Do you think that minorities should be given job priority because of their race? Why/why not?
  • Have you ever been a volunteer at a hospital?
  • Have you ever experienced discrimination?
  • What should be done about football hooligans?
  • Should drinking be allowed outdoors ( parks, squares, streets) as it is in Spain?s
  • Is it morally right to spend a lot of money on pets, rather than helping people in need?
  • What are some things people can do to eliminate discrimination and prejudice?
  • What do you think is the most serious problem in the world?
    • Why do you think so?
    • What can we do as individuals to solve this problem?


No comments: